Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Unremarkable Thanksgiving Break

The week before I flew home to Minnesota I was very excited. My sister had just gotten engaged and my parents just bought a new house! So I was very anxious to get back to all the mayhem. My sister picked me up from the airport and we drove home. My parents took me out to dinner. It felt so good not having food zoo food.

After dinner I was stumped. What next? Who to hang out with? I met up with my friend Brooks. We were excited for about 10 minutes, then we realized that there was NOTHING to do. Right then I had realized why I left MN in the first place. There was no one I wanted to see and no where to go. I also didn't feel "at home" anymore. My house was boxed up and ready to be moved. I felt like I was a burden on my families life and that it was not the right time to be home. My break was truly unremarkable.

I couldn't wait to get back to Montana and finish out my semester. I want to say that I am going to finish strong and with all A's, but my motivation has been gone for about five weeks now. My classes are boring and I have no interest in them. I am ready to take a long break and start the next semester! WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment